Saturday, December 15, 2012

December So Far

Since Thanksgiving Coop has been getting sick every single time he gets better and then he passes it to me, it's a vicious cycle; so between that and Ry being gone for work we had to cancel our professional family pictures and make do on our own. Finding time when Coop wasn't sick, Ry was in town and the weather was decent was basically impossible. I love my new camera and thought maybe my Dad would be able to get a few good shots of us for our Christmas cards while we were out at their house. Coop was still feeling a bit yucky so we tried to make it as quick as possible.
 
Of course we didn't get a single shot where all of us were looking and smiling.

Everyone looking but Ry...

Since Ry was super busy in December and since Coop was really sick the day my Grandma brought out gingerbread houses we did them much later than usual.

Coop loved sticking gum drops on the roof and around the house, he kept picking them up and putting them in different places, so by the end of it he had frosting everywhere.

My little architect...

These are just some fun shots I got of him having breakfast, it's hard to practice with my camera when he is always running around, so when he's eating I take full advantage.

I can't believe how big he's getting...
 
Lunch time...
 
Seriously obsessed with these little feet.
 
Ry took a couple classes at the University of Utah for his certification to become an authorized OSHA trainer for his work; so Coop and I went along for the ride so we could get some shopping and temple lights in, since this would probably be our only opportunity this busy season.
 
The lights were beautiful but it was pretty chilly and rainy so we had to make it through pretty quick. Excuse the phone pics, I didn't want to take my camera out in the rain.
 Coop loves lights and kept saying "light light" in a super excited voice and pointing and running. Mr. Independent wanted to walk instead of letting us hold him. I'm afraid with the two parents he's got he is going to be one head strong and stubborn child.

My boys at City Creek

Such a perfect night

 I took one of the conference center while we were at a stop light. It was a quick trip but such a nice evening together.
 
My Dad's buddy, Mike, has been coming to visit as Santa since the year I was born, 27 years, yes that's crazy! I love our little tradition.
 
Cooper was pretty apprehensive about Santa, it took a bit of coaxing for him to actually sit on his lap.
 
Still a bit unsure...what's this in your hand?
 
He was pumped about his candy cane, can you tell?
 
We all took a turn sitting on his lap...

I don't think you are ever too old to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what you are wishing for that year.

Mckaid and Santa
(Marcus missed it this year because of his work)

Showing Uncle Kaid his candy cane, he could not be more excited!

Mareesa on Santa's lap, maybe she wished for early graduation, this girl has got the worst case of senioritis i've ever seen!
 
Buddies!

Mom and Santa.
 
My beautiful little sister...
 
Family shot, minus Marcus, until next year!

No comments: