Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ry's Christmas Work Party

December has already been a very busy month and we are only a few days into it!!! I got really sick the last Tuesday in Novemeber and still feel pretty crappy. The last Friday in November was Ry's Christmas party down in Salt Lake. I was so excited to dress up and go out, but being sick kind of threw a wrench into that idea. We had to leave at 4:30AM so Ry could be down there for work, we had Mareesa spend the night so we wouldn't have to wake up Cooper when we left. She took him to my Grandma's before she went to school and then Mckaid picked him up later that afternoon and took him to my parents. I was exhausted and felt and looked horrible, so I tried to sleep most of the way down with not much success. When we got down there I dropped Ryan off at his work and drove down to his apartment in Orem in hope of some uninterrupted sleep and a hot shower. When I got there the door that was supposed to be unlocked was locked and the guy that rents the top of the house wasn't there. I chatted with this guy who is friends with a guy Ry works with for a while and then politely told him I was going to wait in the truck for this guy with the keys to show up. Somehow my phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on even when I plugged it in; I figured I would just pick Ry up for lunch at noon, like he told me, and plug my phone into a computer at his work to reset my phone. Finally Sonney, the guy that lives upstairs, showed up and let me in. I tried to sleep but Sonney was moving a bunch of stuff in so all I heard were footsteps so I decided I would just shower. I could not for the life of me get the shower to get hotter than luke warm which did not feel good on my achey body. I took a fast shower, giving myself razor burn and I was colder when I got out than when I got in, I put my blow dryer on the floor to heat up my feet while I combed through my ratty hair, which was a whole ordeal itself, since I had been sick and hadn't brushed it in four days, gross I know, but I was so sick. I was so exhausted after brushing my hair I went and laid in Ry's bed and dozed for a bit and still couldn't really fall asleep so I just got up, got dressed and headed to get Ry for lunch.
When I got there he was worried and asked where I had been and why I wasn't answering my phone; long story short, he fixed my phone, we went out to Zupas together, yay for yummy soup, first food in four days. After lunch I took him back to work and then went and visited with my girlfriend Steph until he was done. I met Steph's little girl, Brielle, for the first time and caught up with her, it was so great to see her before she moves to Washington. After I said my goodbyes to Stephy I picked Ry up, we hurried back to his apartment and got ready for the party, and Ry demonstrated "how to get the shower hot" he could tell I was less than amused. I loaded up on makeup so I looked like a presentable human instead of the  dead, zombie rat that I felt and looked like. Of course we got stuck in traffic on a Friday night, but luckily we were only a couple minutes late.
We had a very nice dinner at the Cheesecake Factory at City Creek and it was nice to meet everyone that Ry works with. Everyone went to a piano bar after but I was so sick and really wanted to get home to Coop and my bed, so we said 'bye' to everyone and headed home in the pouring rain.
 

No comments: