Saturday, December 8, 2012

27?

Twenty seven, what?! I don't really know where my life is going, I guess the old adage "the older you get the faster time flies" is really true. I had my age written as 26 in my planner and then took a double take and realized I wrote the wrong age last year when I filled in all the birthdays, weird.
I had a wonderful birthday this year. Coop and I met Ry for brunch between his busy work meetings and Ry surprised me with a Kindle Fire, case, and photoshop; I was SO excited, especially because I thought my camera would count as my birthday and Christmas. After brunch it was time for Cooper's nap, so we went home and let him sleep while I explored my new Kindle and just relaxed a bit. Ry got to work from home a bit later that day, which was nice, I got to see him a bit between phone calls, emails and everything else.
After Coop woke up we headed out for an early dinner at Sumisu, I love sushi and it's been way too long since we've had it.
We ordered Coop a kids meal with mac and cheese, fruit and I shared my edamame with him, not giving a thought to the fact he might like sushi... little did we know he would rather have sushi. When our sushi came he reached over, grabbed one, and started chowing down; he loved it until he got to the center spot where there was a something super spicey, but he didn't stop at one, he tried a couple.
 
It was all SO delicious...
 

A very happy birthday lunch for me!

After we were done with our dinner we hung out as a family for a bit before Ry had his girls' practice. When Ry headed to his practice Cooper and I went out to my parents' house to wait for Ry to be done with practice. I still wasn't feeling 100% so it was nice to just relax.
 
While we were out there Coop had a sudden onset of a fever and got sicker literally by the minute, it was SO sad. He started coughing, crying and I could just tell he was getting super sick. (This picture was taken before he broke down).
 
Reading with Gammie (Maa Mee)
 
The traditional and always delicious tuxedo cake.
 
 
My grandparents came out for cake and my Gma brought her gingerbread houses for us to put together and decorate, that didn't happen with our's since Coop was so sick.
 
Daddy Coop enjoying Mom's new present.
 
This is what it looks like to be 27...
 

I had such a great birthday despite not feeling all the way better and my little man getting sick but we did have time for a quick family picture before we had to take Coop home. Here's to another great year!

3 comments:

The Thelins said...

Good job updating! I've gotta get on that before Christmas comes and I have a million pictures to post. Happy birthday! I can't believe we're 27. That seems so old! I still remember lying that I was 17 because I thought it sounded so much more mature than 16. Ha! I love all the new pictures. PS- I think you should totally use the picture with your dad as Santa for your Christmas card!

Jeffrey & Dara said...

sounds like you had a great birthday! I can't believe I still haven't met little Cooper.. that has to change soon!

Randi said...

1. Nice of Mareesa to dress up for your birthday
2. Those pictures of sick Cooper break my heart
3. Happy birthday! Hopefully my card made it eventually. Chances are greater that I'll get it back than you'll get it. Love you!