Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving and Lights Parade

We had a nice Thanksgiving this year (minus me having a touch of the stomach flu that I just tried to rally on and push through it, literally anything I ate went straight through). We have so much to be thankful for, especially this year, we have had so many blessings in our lives and I know I need to be better at recognizing everything I have and focusing on what more I can do for others.
 
That morning Coop and I snuggled and watched the Macy's day parade and Ry had basketball practice with his girls early that morning. After Ry got home we all got ready and headed up to his parents for a little pre meal football and looking through the black Friday ads.
Coop playing with Uncle Cas, he LOVES cars and played with them pretty much all day on Thanksgiving.

The family ready to eat some turkey.
 
Cooper's first Thanksgiving he got to eat solid food, not just breast milk, and all he would eat was a roll, some cheese and some milk. After we finished the rest of our Thanksgiving meal the boys went out to play basketball for a while and then came in for dessert. After we finished up we went out to my Gpa Sheppard's house to visit, then stopped at Wood's and then went home to relax before our short lived shopping that evening.
My mom, Mareesa, Kaid and I decided to get a few things that evening and it really was disgusting to see the way people acted; I literally almost got killed by this massive man trying to get Just Dance 4 for my Mom, I ended up not getting it and decided it wasn't worth getting hurt to save ten dollars. People were absolutely crazy, more than usual, so after Walmart we went home and went to bed.
I went out the next morning for probably less than an hour to get a few things for Coop and Ry and then just came home to relax with my boys and put up our Christmas tree together!

My boys putting the tree together...

Letting Coop put the unbrakeable ornaments down low, he had lots of fun helping decorate.

It's been a challenge for him to keep his sweet fingers off the ornaments, but he has been getting better at listening to us by the day, thank goodness!
 
 
That night was the Lights Parade, so we all bundled up and watched it with my family. Trying to stay warm while waiting for the parade to start, Coop was not happy I was making him sit, all he wanted to do was run around before the parade started.

Snuggling with Dad, and trying to distract him as much as we could before the parade started.

Cooper was completely mesmerized by all the lights and he loved the horses and Santa. We've taught him to say "ho ho ho" and he says it so fast it sounds like a chuckle but with the words "hohoho".

No comments: