Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Cooper got another double ear infection two days before Christmas Eve so we got strong antibiotics hoping he would at least feel better by Christmas. He felt good for a few hours after we gave him his antibiotics and then he would crash fast, so on Christmas Eve we gave him his second daily dose right before we left to start the progessive dinner at my parents' house. He did great for a while...
 

Coop hanging out with Great Grandma while the gift exchange started.

I love Christmas Eve, I like it even better than Christmas Day, it's always been a magical night and this year was great minus Coop being sick. We had delicious appetizers, wassail, and egg nog at my parents and then headed to Wood's for salad and soup, but it was a lot more than that, it was like a while other round of appetizers. We hadn't been there long and I could tell Cooper was dropping quick and his fever started to spike again so we took him home and got him ready for bed and gave him some motrin.
 
 Coop opening some cars and trucks from Uncle Kaid, he still knows exactly which cars McKaid gave him and says "Kaaaai!!" everytime he plays with them.
 
My parents had Uncle Scott's name for Christmas, Scott with his goods.
 
Uncle David had my Mom and gave her the cutest stuff, her favorite thing was a Danish milk-maid now proudly on display in her living room.
 
One of Coop's favorite things was the bubble wrap that some of the gifts came with, he sat with Ry for a could twenty minutes and popped it, he kept saying "Whoa, whoa!!" so cute.
 
Coop has always been a love but has become more and more lovey lately, and I won't complain, I LOVE it!!! He loves kissing us; and Ry and I let him, slobber and all, not everyone loves the Coop slobber, it almost trumps Nana slobber, which is a lot but we love it.

I'm glad we got a few pictures while Coop was still feeling alright, isn't he just a doll?
 
When we got home from Heidi's Cooper just wanted me to snuggle him, so we turned on Frosty for him and I just held him until he fell asleep. Ry volunteered to stay home with him so he could sleep while we finished our Christmas Eve traditions up at my Grandma and Grandpa's, luckily they live close.
 
So fun to be together!!!
 
Grandma and Grandpa's house is always so nice and cozy, we had a great night spending time with family and visiting with everyone. Grandpa read the Christmas story, we sang songs,
had yummy bolle soup, red cabbage, and ris ala mande. I didn't end up leaving until close to midnight which was much later than I had planned since Ry was waiting up for me to set up the rest of Coop's Christmas. When I got home Ry was watching White Christmas and we put everything together and had a quick sleep before Christmas morning.

No comments: