Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

We got up Christmas morning and Coop just wanted to snuggle and read in his room with me, so while I did that Ry started a roaring fire. Coop still wasn't feeling super great on Christmas morning so Ry carried him in to see what "thanta" had brought the night before. All he wanted was his milk at first, so we let him have that and gave him his antibiotic and then he started to show lots of interest in the slide that Santa brought.

He was a little nervous at first to go down by himself but it only took a few times and he was in love. He loved unpacking his stocking and examining each thing, he got lots of cars, bath letters, bath markers, puzzles, hats, and mittens and I think the cars were definitely the biggest hit. He loves to line all of his cars up on the edge of his slide and push them down one by one and say "weeee".

We had our little family Christmas morning with Coop, he loved opening his presents but I think it was all a bit overwhelming for him. We keep saying that every holiday or birthday we are going to get one or two things so he doesn't get so overwhelmed and honestly he doesn't need anymore than that; we keep failing that rule, maybe next year we will remember the madness and that we do not have the room for anymore toys.
 
After we had our morning at our house we went up to Ryan's parents'. I helped Wendy and Ashley make abelskever and we had  breakfast before we opened gifts. Usually it's pretty systematic when we open gifts up there because Ry's grandpa writes everything down, but this year Caz and Ashley had to hurry down to his house, so it was kind of a free for all present frenzy. I think Jeffery loved that. Coop was having a great time with the little race hill that Ry's family gave him and could have played with it all day. After we hung out up there for a while Coop was getting tired so we took him home and let him nap before heading out to my parents house.
 
I had Kaid's name this year and was SO estatic to give him his gift, I may have rigged the name drawing this year so I could have his name. Before he got back from his mission I was visiting the BYU bookstore with one of my best friends, Randi, and I found this painting of Jesus carrying a little African child and thought of Kaid when I saw it and just fell in love with it. I think he really liked it, Ry got Mareesa a kindle which she was very excited about. Marcus wrote notes on everyone's gifts that were seriously so thoughtful and cute. Coop got some more puzzles and an old school top which he loves. We played a little Just Dance 4 and had a nice afternoon out there before we went shooting, Ry stayed at my parents with Coop since it was pretty cold.

The place where we usually go shoot was gated so we went up Scout Mountain and shot for a while before heading up to Grandma and Grandpa Miller's for dinner. Marcus trying out his new Christmas present to himself, Mareesa and I shoot one of our Dad's old 22s, Marcus and Andrea, and Me trying out Marcus' new gun.

We had a great time together and shot until the sun went down and then went up to Gma and Gpa's for some yummy dinner.
 
Since Coop didn't get to go up there for Christmas Eve he got to open his presents Christmas Day eve. My Grandma knit him the cutest hat and sweater I will treasure them forever, they really are so special, and Coop loves them. Marcus was read Coop the train story by President Monson a few times, Coop says "choo choo" always a planes, trains and automobiles kind of child.
 
When we got home from my grandparents he played with his new cars on his slide for a while and then we read Christmas stories and he played with Ry in his crib, over all it was a fabulous Christmas, fingers crossed that next year no sickness will plaguw the Ray household.
Coop showing off all of his presents and finally feeling more like himself.

No comments: