Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Super Hero

Coop is becoming increasingly more mobile by the day. He pulls himself up on everything, he scales furniture, and Lauren gave him this toy which he is now obsessed with. The other day Coop was doing is bum walk and got up into a bear crawl position and stood for a couple seconds by himself, and then he realized he was standing by himself and promptly went back to his bum walk.

Coop doesn't really let me feed him anymore so we've had to get creative on his eating since he's so independent. Today was cottage cheese pancakes and blueberry smoothie, which he obviously fed himself. Coop doesn't like me to tear his food into chunks anymore either, he's quite opinionated already, should I be worried?

Our friends Jackson and Kolton had a Super Hero birthday party at the beginning of May. Coop and Kolt spent most of their time in the baby jump house. Aren't they adorable?!

Dad cuddling his little Superman...

Coop wanting to get back into the jump house...

He loves when Ry throws him, his laugh is completely infectious!

He's so close to walking and will walk around all day if i'm holding his hands.

Seriously can't get enough of him!

Lauren did a great job at the party, most of the kids came in costume, which obviously I loved! Luckily I got the memo a few days before that just the kids were dressing up because Ry and I were fully prepared to come in our super hero outfits, Ry would have murdered me. They had stations for the kids on "how to be a super hero" and prepare them to "fight" bad guys.

Ry and I hung out with Coop and Kolt most of the party and the party definitely ended with a "bang". Nic dressed up as the Hulk and all the kids learned in their super hero training to shoot the bad guys with silly string, well when Nic came out growling at them most of them ran away screaming and crying...it was seriously hilarious!

After the party I had to hurry out to my parents to do Mareesa's hair and makeup for her Junior Prom. I could never get the boutineer on either, Archie to the rescue, everytime!

She looked beautiful and had a wonderful time!

4 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Looks like so much fun!! I bet that was hilarious when Nic did that. LOVE your pink pants!!!

Randi said...

I love your pink pants too! Does Coop get anything in his mouth!? It looks like every last drop of that smoothie became a facial.

The Thelins said...

Mareesa looked so gorgeous! I can't believe our baby sisters are old enough that they went to prom this year! I love that they're holding masks- it must mean prom was a masquerade. Gotta love a good theme! Your hair looks amazing, by the way. And Cooper is so dang cute, but what else is new?!

Nic and Lauren said...

So glad you guys were able to come to the party. The boys were so cute together as always...and we learned dressing up as a scary bad guy and running into a party full of little kids may not be the best idea haha...but we will never forget it! Glad Coop loves that little car!