Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles!

We have loved the start of warmer weather and are really looking forward to summer! Coop loves being outside, he has started to blow things (like the lights in the house, that's how we turn them off, he blows the trees, flowers, grass, etc.) it's the cutest thing!

One of his favorite treats is watermelon, he saw some at my parents and ate about four of them. His other favorite fruits right now are mandarin oranges, literally any time he sees them he wants them, kiwi, he must share his parents love of sour things because he downs these like Ry downs sour patch kids. He loves feeding himself, so i've been trying to find any fruit and veggie filled recipes that I can make into finger foods. He loves cottage cheese pancakes and sweet potato pancakes, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, broccoli and apple sauce.

Coop had his first encounter with bubbles last month and it was quite traumatic to say the least. I thought that because he loved blowing things and that he likes balloons and balls that he would love bubbles, but boy was I wrong! I bought a bubble machine at Costco and couldn't wait to try it. So once Coop got up from a nap I got it all set up and turned it on, he started to shake, his little lip came out, and he started to scream. I hurried to turn it off and picked him up to comfort him and he wouldn't take his eyes off the bubble machine that entire day he was utterly terrified. I felt so bad. Ry and I slowly introduced the bubbles to him over the next week and now he loves them.

 This is Ry showing him that they are okay to touch and pop he did not love them at this point.

This is one of the first times I set him down to play with them by himself, as you can see he was still a bit apprehensive, but shortly after this he started chasing them, making "oooooing" sounds and blowing at them.

Coop and his best friend Kolt sharing their snacks and sippy cups, they really are the cutest, I think the only time they pay attention to each other is when there is food around.

Coop is SO animated and makes the funniest faces. Ry was letting him stand in his crib while bouncing him and playing with him, I just love this little face!

 Another one of his silly faces, he's got his wooden hammer he got for Easter and he thinks he is such a big kid on the block. Every morning when he wakes up Toby and Missy Rae are usually in the window in our bedroom and he says "kee ka" or kitty cat, and it's SO dang cute.

 Such a little ham!

Some of his favorite toys are kitchen tools, spoons, bowls, pans etc, sometimes I really wonder why I even bother buying him toys.

No comments: