Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was absolutely perfect! Ry made this book from him and Coop, it has something for each letter and lots of pictures, it is the best gift i've ever recieved, I will definitely cherish if forever!

McKaid was supposed to be "calling" at 8:00AM, so we were out to my parents bright and early. My Dad and Mareesa made crepes with strawberries and whipped cream, mine and my Mom's favorite breakfast, so Ry got off easy this year in the breakfast in bed department. McKaid didn't end up skyping until about 10:00AM, he looked great and is doing so well. He just got transferred to Namibia and had only been there three days when we talked to him. He said that it looks a lot like Idaho, very dry and desert like. He said the members there are the best member missionaries he has ever experienced his entire mission and that they constantly have member referrals. It was his first time seeing Cooper, and I wish I would have been videoing it, it was SO cute. Kaid almost squealed when he saw him, he said "OH, Meg he is so cute" and then he introduced himself as his favorite uncle, it was so sweet, I can't wait for them to meet in person! Kaid's release date is September 13th, he had the option of coming home early for school and he chose to stay for the full time. He told us he would feel like he didn't fufill his whole mission if he came home early, he's such a great example and I can see how much he's grown spiritually. I'm so proud of him and can't wait for September to roll around!!

My sweet little bug snuggling me for Mother's day, LOVE him! Ry had to leave toward the end of our conversation with Kaid to go teach our Sunday school class, Mareesa went to church and we said bye to Kaid and my parents went to Johnny's homecoming (he's good friends with McKaid and served in the Congo). By that time it was Coop's naptime so I let him nap and took one myself and after everyone got home we went up to wish my grandma a Happy Mother's day and then to Ry's Mom's to wish her one as well.

Four Generations...Best Mother's day to date!

No comments: