Tuesday, October 11, 2011

September in a Nutshell

I absolutely love this time of year; the leaf changes, football, cool nights, the yummy fall smells, the overwhelming urge to cook and bake, it seems like a cozy feeling just comes along when fall rolls around, and of course ideas for my favorite holiday start dancing around in my head. September was extremely busy for us and I can hardly believe that we are already half way through October!
 Cooper and Grandpa watching Mareesa play volleyball, i'm sure his first word is going to involve some sort of ball, basketball, football, volleyball, golfball... it's bound to happen in this family. Mareesa made Varsity and is such a wonderful player. She brings so much team spirit and pride to the team, she's kind of like their own little built in cheerleader.
 We had a fabulous crop of vegetables from our little garden this year!! Tons and tons of zucchini, roma, grape, beef steak, cherry tomatoes, four cucumbers, and one spaghetti squash. We had so many tomatoes and we could only eat so much salsa and raw tomatoes, so my Mom taught me to can them. I felt so accomplished and canning is very nostalgic, not to mention, working with all the boiling water keeps your warm on the cold Fall nights. Didn't they turn out beautifully?!
 My little angel just keeps growing faster than I can even handle, he is the sweetest little baby and I cannot spend enough time with him. He's  been laughing more and more it's hilarious!!! He loves rolling over, he loves when we sing to him, he could read books for hours, he loves to sit in his bumbo while I cook or clean, he is very alert and seems very observant. He is getting very vocal too, he babbles alot and has started to mimick sounds that Ry and I make to him, it is the sweetest thing in the world!
 Ry is starting Coop out early...watching snowmobile videos. It's been cold enough for our mountains to be white tipped, so of course all Ry can think about right now is snowmobiling. Ry has already found a little snowmobile for Cooper... I am making him wait until Coop can actually drive it, or walk for that matter, before he purchases it.
 My cousin, Kirsten, returned from her mission in the Czech Republic. It was so great to see her and reunite with lots of family members that I haven't seen in a while. Her homecoming talk was wonderful and she had some really neat experiences while on her mission. We had a little luncheon up at my Grandparents after church. My mom and I relaxing in the back while people got there food. My mom has frozen almonds and ice on her poor knee and ankle, she tripped down the stairs while carrying food outside, Grace Kelly.
 Cooper meeting Kirsten, his great Aunt Judy and her husband, Jaq, cousin Karli and our Uncle Kurt, it was so great to be able to reminisce with everyone.
And of course it would not be fall in my family without Sunday night (and Monday night, and every other night) football!!! We usually go out to my parents every Sunday for dinner and the game. My Daddy is so in love with Coop, and Coop is pretty fond of his Grandpa as you can see in the pic.
Coop got to see his great Uncle David, he hasn't seen him since the day after he was born.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these little toes, I probably kiss them at least a thousand times a day!!! I have been playing around with my camera more because there are a millions settings and I feel like I should really learn how to use them. But I love this shot of his cute, chubby little toes, doesn't it make you want to kiss them!?
My little bug is already 3 months old, I can hardly believe he was in my belly such a short time ago. He gets more fun by the day, and I love getting him dressed, Ry makes fun of me and says he is just like a live baby doll, which in part is mildy true, but even better!
Mareesa went to her first school dance, Homecoming!!! She had a volleyball tournament in Twin Falls the weekend before the dance and still hadn't found a dress. I took her out and found the perfect dress. I did her hair and makeup and helped her get ready, it was SO fun, it made me miss those days!!
Her with her cute date, doesn't she look gorgeous!! My little sissy is growing up WAY too fast for her own good. I can't believe she'll be a Senior next year, how time flies!
My OLD MAN husband turned 26 on the 24th!!! Poor Ry had the worst Birthday weekend of his life, he got the flu. Ry never, ever gets sick, and he has never been so sick in the 4 1/2 years that i've known him. He lived in the bathroom and on the couch, it was sooo sad, especially because I love celebrating birthdays! I kept Coop away from Ry and kept sanitizing everything because I did not want a sick husband AND a sick baby. Ry loves snuggling Coop, so he was super sad that he couldnt' hold him or be around him for three days. I still made a cake, and Ry felt like he could hold down Chinese (ewe,) so I went and got take-out, for the first time in our marriage, and we watched a movie on separate couches for his birthday evening, it was quite pitiful.
Coop and I made Daddy a footprint birthday card...yes, I am obsessed with this little man's feet! Ry loved it!
To round my busy month off I went to the broadway show "Mary Poppins" in Salt Lake with my girlfriend, Lauren. Since Ry was still sick I left Coop with my parents and had anxiety the entire day, I called no less than twenty times to check on him. That was the longest I have ever been away from him, but of course he got spoiled and had a blast with Gammie, Grampie and Auntie Ween. Lauren and I had so much fun, the show was absolutely phenomenal!!! We ate some delicious Thai food, did some speed shopping and headed back home to our little babes.

1 comment:

Nic and Lauren said...

Love hearing about your September and glad I got to be apart of it:) Love watching Coop get bigger and as always you have the cutest family:)