Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Love

Although our Fall seems to be flying past we are thoroughly enjoying it! Of course I had my Halloween decor up by the first of October, Coop loves when I walk him around the house and look at all the Halloween things. He loves when I make the sounds of whatever we are looking at, and he always responds with a "oooo" or "gooo" or a high pitched "ahhh" I LOVE it!!! He also enjoys all of his new Halloween books and his sensory books. He enjoys petting the animals in his touchy feely books and tries very hard to mimick the animal sounds we make for him, his favorite sounds are those of the cow, duck, ghosts, kitty, and puppy.
He's very good to sit on our bed while I get dressed, he is getting closer to sitting up, but I think his head is so heavy it's hard to keep himself stable. He has also started to notice his cute toes, he has grabbed them a few times, no oral exploration of them yet, that's still Momma's job.
My growing boy...he gets bigger and more fun  by the day!!
This is Cooper's new favorite thing to suck on, his bottom lip!!! We try to make him suck on his gummy toys or something other than his fingers and his lip, but he likes those best. Sometimes I wonder if he's starting to teeth because he loves chewing on things and drools like crazy, but I can't feel any litte teeth yet, which is not a bad thing.
My girlfriend, Alicia, and I have been going on morning walks down by the river by my house for a while. We decided since the leaves have been changing that we should take the kiddos up Cherry Springs before it gets any colder. Her daughter, Avery, is a couple weeks younger than Coop. We had a little photo shoot with them while we were up there, I think that us Moms had more fun than they did.
Look at those thighs and that buddah belly, isn't he a doll?! I just cannot get enough of this little man, he's the sweetest thing on earth!!!
I loved conference, as always, and really enjoyed all of the talks on families, it just made me feel even more blessed with my little family and all the love I have for them. While the boys went to the Priesthood session my Mom and I went shopping and then made our mummy latern craft, it was super easy and they turned out so cute!!
Coop is enjoying tummy time more and more, he can now roll from belly to back and back to belly, he's getting so strong! He holds his head up so high and kicks his little legs and will get tiny little scoots out of it, I don't think that he is intentionally moving himself, but it sure is fun to watch. He loves his "crinkle" toy as we call it (it has a papery/plastic crunchy sound,) and of course all of his toys go straight to that little mouth of his. Lately when Ry or I come to get him in the morning he has turned 90 degrees and is kicking at his bumpers and talking at his picture wall above his crib. This morning Ry found him with his legs between that slats of the crib, makes me a bit nervous, but I don't know how to get him to stop being such a rollie little wiggle worm.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

i want to see him so bad! he is adorable.