Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Perfect Evening for a Hike

Last Saturday we had the best day, it was one of those perfect days where we got to spend the entire day together, as a family, uninterrupted. That morning we went to the Farmer's Market, (like we do every Saturday) and picked up our box of fruit and veggies from our little farmer friends. While we were there we also picked out some super cute pumpkins to add to the collection on our porch. We had a nice, relaxing breakfast together and hung out at home for a few hours and then decided to take a drive. We have been thinking about buying a house for a while and want to find the perfect one; so one of our favorite activities is driving around looking at houses for sale, and getting ideas of what we like best. Today was a perfect day for that! We drove all around down and ended up out Mink Creek and Gibson Jack and we found a gorgeous house on the top of Mink Creek that had a 360 degree view. Ry and I wandered around looking in all the windows, and we could tell it had been for sale for a while because the yard was over-grown and shingles has started blowing off, so we thought to ourselves that maybe since it had been on the market for years and in was in need of repair that it could be a steal... The garage happened to be unlocked so we were looking in the garage when I decided to try the door into the house, it was unlocked! I walked in and told Ry to come with me and as soon as we started looking around I heard this tiny little "beep beep beep"---we're pretty sure it was an alarm, so we looked around super fast and ran to the truck, it was quite the adventure. After looking the house up on the broker's site we decided we A. don't need a house over 7,000 square feet and B. it maybe a bit out of our comfortable price range, we can still dream right? On our way back down we went up Gibson Jack and decided to go to the trailhead for a little evening hike, it was gorgeous!
 Our little sweetie ready to go, good thing we dressed him warm because it got chilly fast!
 My cute boys, the stroller didn't last long because the trail got too steep and way too bumpy for poor little Cooper, so we ditched the stroller off to the side and walked up.
 Notice the snow in the background...it was getting a bit too cold for Mommy and Coopy.
 This photo-op was way to precious to pass up. Ry didn't trust me hiking back down holding Coop so he took him and headed down. I was taking pictures of the mountains so I was back behind a bit and I could hear Ry just talking with Cooper and Coop loving every word and cooing and ahhhing back; it was just the sweetest moment. I treasure all of the moments like this and wish I could keep them on a video reel in my brain forever!
Our night finished off stopping at my parents' house and enjoying this gorgeous sunset, I wish we had more days like this.

1 comment:

Dani and Paul said...

He is so cute. Love the pictures of him that you have been posting. That is exciting that you guys are thinking about buying house. I love house shopping. It is so much fun. Good luck with everything.