Sunday, October 28, 2012

He's Home!!!

In all the excitement I somehome left my camera at home, so these are all phone pictures, not the greatest quality, but definitely glad I had something!
On the way to the airport to pick up McKaid!!! We were all so excited, his flight was a late one and I really didn't think Cooper would stay away, but he did.

The sign Coop made for Uncle Kaid, it's still so weird that this was there first time meeting, aside from skype on Mother's day, which I don't really think should count.

I made lots of signs and posters for his homecoming, my Mom got sick the day before he was coming home so she was not running at full compacity so I tried to help her as much as I could.

AND he's home!!! Such a happy night, he looks fabulous, has a bit of an accent and is just the best kid! He misses his mission and the people of South Africa and Namibia like crazy; i'm sure he will go back to visit one day.

Coop made it to meet his Uncle McKaid and they had an instant bond. Kaid's luggage got lost and all he had was his carry on with his church books and a cute little stuffed lion for Coop. He's such a sweet and thoughtful brother, and i'm sure the competition for the "favorite uncle" will be a life-long battle between Marcus and Kaid. Coop loves his lion, it sleeps in his crib with him now and he growls to tell us what the lion says.

First sibling picture in two years, LOVE them so much and i'm so happy we are back together and get to enjoy time with each other!!!

Roughian Marcus is still rough as ever and Kaid still mellow as ever, brothers back together, so cute!

One big happy family!

A few nights after Kaid was home we went out for pictures, stories and when his luggage finally showed up he had little presents for everyone. It's so humbling to hear how the people live down there and it truly makes me appreciate all I have and all the luxuries I enjoy in my life.

We are so happy to have our litte brother back, he's pretty well adjusted already. He's so type-A (he and I are kindred spirits,) he's already got a job, a car, and is ready to register for his sophomore year at ISU. Love him to pieces and I'm so happy that he's home, it's been a blast so far!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Love, love, love all these pictures especially all the cute signs you made him! I want to show him my South Africa pictures! Maybe he will want to spring break in DC with you next year :)