Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bad Luck in 3's?

Starting August 1st I had some really bad luck with cars...

Marcus had me drive out into the mountains to look at a house he's wanting to buy and the road up there was pretty rocky and I was probably not going as slow as I should have which resulted in a blown tire on our way home. We needed new tires on our truck but were planning on wait until labor day for the good sales... well, that didn't happen. Since our truck is 4X4 we had to replace all four tires at once, awesome.
Two days later I was at the Farmer's Market with Cooper while Ry was playing a golf tournament. I got the car all loaded and started to turn out and "crunch" I turned to sharp and hit a cadi that was sticking out of it's parking space a bit and obviously super low to the ground. I called my insurance and got everything squared away while I waited for the owner to show up.

These two olds show up and I apologized to the owner and told her what happened, that my insurance company had already started the claim and all she needed to do was take her car to where ever she wanted it fixed and all she could say was "it's a twenty-eleven, it's a twenty eleven". As Cooper is patiently standing in the driver's seat, because he was not about to sit in his car seat while I waited for half an hour for this lady to come back to her car. She finally saw that Coop was there and said "is everyone alright, I'll let you get back to your baby; such a fabulous morning at the Farmer's Market.

While our truck was in the body shop getting fixed we had a rental and we were driving around running some errands one Saturday morning and Ry ran over a little silver thing in the road and "POP" there went the tire. The tires on the rental were crap to begin with and they told us we were responsible for buying a new tire, so annoying, so I just went and bought a used one that was in better condition than the others on the car. I had to just laugh, because really this was the third mishap with cars within a week span, it had to be the last, right?! Wrong...
We got our truck back from the body shop and it was making a weird sound. I took Cooper to the park and went out to start my truck and it was completely dead. We had just sold our car because Ry is getting a company truck and we didn't need another car so Ry was stranded at work so my Dad came and jumped my truck; I went straight down to the body shop and told them what was going on, of course they claimed "they couldn't possibly be to blame" and sent me to get my battery checked. Obviously the battery is dead from the sound (an accuator,) that kept going once the truck was off. I was sick of being sent to different places so I just took it to the Nissan dealership and had them fix it. I needed a rental while the truck was in the shop, so we got another rental and had had it for a day. The second day we had it I was over getting Ryan's office finished, (we had just redone it,) when I here the all too familar sound of a car crash. I look outside and this shady looking blue van is backing away from the rental and slowly driving away. I ran outside and ran after them, Cooper was still sleeping so I didn't want to get in the car and drive after them. My cell phone died when I called to tell Ry what happened, so I had to wait for it to get enough charge to call the police. The cops finally showed up and got the report done and everything squared away, and of course the perp didn't have insurance, so on top of the $500 deductible I had to pay for the Farmer's Market crash we had to shell out another $500 to the rental company when we turned the car back in, and won't see a dime of it from the shady little weasel who hit and run our rental.
A couple weeks ago my Dad was coming over to our house to bring some soup to sick Ryan, and he called and said he would be a little late because he was following a drunk driver and was on the other line with the cops. When my Dad got to our house I asked him what the car looked like, guess what?! It was a blue van with the same license plate number that hit my renatl van a few weeks earlier. So of course I drove down to the crash site to talk with the police and see if by chance he did have insurance, what we assumed was true, he didn't, but his van is now totalled and he got arrested, this gave me a small bit of assurance that at least he wouldn't be driving for a while.
By the end of all of this I seriously didn't want to even drive or deal with cars anymore. I'm glad everything is finally squared away with the vehicles and I really hope that i've had my fill of car problems for the next 20 years.

No comments: