Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! We usually spend Thanksgiving with Ry's family, but they went to Provo to be with Caz and Ashley, so we celebrated early (on Wednesday night) with his family.  And on Thursday we went out to my parents for football and LOTS of delicious food! We went around the table to talk about what we are most Thankful this year...and this little man was at the top of my list among many other things.
 I was reflecting on all the many blessings I have in my life and I am SO thankful to live in this amazing free country, to have the gospel in my life, to have such an amazing husband and baby, to have such a wonderful family (with a lot of them pretty close), good friends, for our health, our home, and all the other many luxuries we enjoy.
 I'm so grateful for such a wonderful, fun, and loving family, they truly are amazing!
 Our first Thanksgiving together!

Cooper was the first to drop off for his Thanksgiving nap, the rest of us followed suit shortly after. My Mom, Mareesa and I went out into the madness at 10PM for the start of Black Friday sales, while the boys watched football and Christmas movies. We started at Wal-Mart and it was actually INSANE, people were SO greedy and it was just utter chaos. My mom luckily got some of the things she was getting for people and Mareesa and I got a couple things but definitely were shoved, almost knocked to the ground, and squished to pieces; we hustled to checkout before the midnight wave of people came through and decided we would be done there. It was not worth risking our life for a good deal. And we were actually pretty disgusted my the behavior of a lot of the people out and about. It's so sad that we just finish this great holiday to remember all of the things we are thankful for and rush right into the greed and the mentality of more more more. We decided we were ending our shopping spree where we started, we really didn't need anything and we wanted to get out of the craziness, so we headed home to be with the boys. We played some games and had a relaxing evening together as a family.


4 comments:

The Thelins said...

I want to hear ALL of your crazy Walmart story. On Thanksgiving, to scare me from going shopping, Jade Googled "10 worst Black Friday deaths and injuries". There are lots. Most of them were at Walmart, too. PS- You and Coop are so CUTE in your matching shirts!

Dani and Paul said...

He is getting so big and his eyes, wow. I love them

Randi said...

You can dress him like your mini me as much as you like but he is ALL RYAN. Maybe #2 will be a girl and be a mini you? PS when is #2 coming? I vote soon. love you!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

it was so good seeing you the other day. Cooper is so dang cute!! lets get together real soon!!!