Friday, December 2, 2011

Addiction?

I don't know why I always feel the need to fill every second of my life with something, I swear I am ten times busier not working than I was working. Thanks to nap time and my addiction to Pinterest my never ending list of things to do/make/buy is growing at such a rapid pace i'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed. I know, that's SO ridiculous, right?! But I thoroughly enjoy all these new crafts and skills I am learning, see for yourself...
 This is a chair I stole from my parents basement for Coop's room...the before.
 And after...I spraypainted it lime green and then stained it with an ebony stain. My Bestafar (great-grandpa) was a professional painter, and after doing this chair I can see why he enjoyed it so much, I thought about him the whole time I was doing this. OH, and notice the entry way floor, I decided to redo that as well, it was a little harder than I had planned and still needs a couple more tiles fit it, but I've found I am no good when it comes to cutting that stuff!
 My other project took much longer, exhibit A, my ugly kitchen stools, I decided to reupholster, paint and distress these . After a few trips to JoAnn's and Lowe's, a few hours ripping out staples and nails, some sweat and a little blood, painting, sanding, and staining---I am quite satisfied with the outcome!
The finished product!

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

They look awesome! I want to try refinishing furniture one of these days!

Randi said...

Way cute. It makes such a difference to repaint or change the fabric. Great job you crafty lady

Nic and Lauren said...

Told you it was addicting!!:) They look great!