Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Portland Day Three

Saturday we slept in super late which was heavenly! After we got ready we drove up to the Portland temple, it was breath taking; just a gorgeous white temple nestled in the forest. If you can't tell, I am officially in love with Portland, we should probably move there.
After we looked at the temple we headed down to the Farmers' Market. It was ridiculous compared to our Farmer's Market, they had everything you could think of. Lots of yummy food, homemade soaps/oils, and lots of fresh fruit and veggies. I noticed while I was there how green everything is, like tree-hugger green, and I loved it!! They have recycle bins all over the place, places to refill your water, dim lights in the grocery stores and lots more that I wish Idaho had.
We ate some food and sat by Lake Oswega and enjoyed basking in the sun.
After we were done there we got some things to plan Peyton's 2 year birthday party. We made a cute happy birthday sign and got some really fun things for her.

5 comments:

The Thelins said...

You just did a thousand posts, and I loved every single one of them!!! I had such an amazing time when you were here. I can't wait for you guys to move. I love the mission call pictures, and I hope I'm invited to go pick up Kade with you guys!! Also your Vegas pictures made me miss home. I hope you're still going to come in June and stay with me! Your popcorn story makes me laugh every time. Anyway love you sister. Miss you already.

Unknown said...

How long are you in Portland for? We are headed up there this weekend for Sally's wedding!

Vanessa said...

I don't know why my comment said it was posted by adtech...

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Ah so fun! My parents live in Lake Oswego. I love it there!

Randi said...

oh that's why i knew what lake oswego was!

10 posts in 2 days meg, not too shabby! lol