Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lots of Catch Up...

I know I have been so bad at staying caught up on everything, so i'm going to attempt to catch up on the last three months...



VEGAS VACATION
MARCH 2010

Ry and I took a much needed vacation down to Las Vegas in mid-March. Ry loves AM radio and I love music; since we don't agree on either of those options we both went to the library and loaded up on audiobooks, something we both agree on. We left after Ry got off work and stopped out at my parents for dinner and then hit the road for a LONG drive. I try really hard to stay awake on roadtrips, but unless i'm fully engaged in conversation or really interested in whatever we have playing I fall asleep fast.

We made it down to Vegas Saturday morning about an hour before we could check into our room so we just wandered around for a while before we could check in. We stayed at the MGM Grand Signature, it was beautiful, private and exclusive---we loved it, and can't wait to stay there again. The first night we settled in to our room and got some food for our little kitchen, since we didn't want to eat out every night and got a redbox movie.


Ry jumped in the shower while I got the movie and popcorn ready. I ran to the bathroom after I put the popcorn in the microwave and came out to a room full of thick, black smoke!! Somehow, the popcorn had caught fire, so I grabbed the popcorn bag and threw it in the sink, yelled at Ry to come help me as I was jumping on the bed trying to flap the smoke away from the detector. All of my fanning effort failed and the fire alarm sounded, I called to the front desk and the lady said "there's a glitch in the system don't worry" and hung up before I could tell her I actually did start a fire. A little while later three hotel guys came to our door and had us evacuate while they filtered the air and cleaned it up, I felt like such and idiot. So much for our relaxing night in... we ended up just wandering around the strip and came back to a room that smelled heavily of smoke. Our first night was a great adventure thanks to me, OOpsy!!




These pictures are not in chronilogical order and I can't get them to move so I will narrate the pictures despite their jumbled order. Monday Ry and I went to the Hoover Dam, the new bridge was absolutely mind-blowing, it is HUGE!!! After we got back from the Hoover Dam we went to the Miracle Mile and shopped. After our feet got tired from shopping we went and laid out at our pool, it was soo nice and relaxing and the weather was perfect.

Our bestfriends, Randi and Chad met us our last couple days in Vegas. We went to Coke world and tried all the different flavors from all over the world...some of them were disgusting, and some were surprisingly delicious! We wandered the strip with them and did all the touristy stuff you can do in Vegas.
VIVA!!!!

HOOVER DAM
Hoover Dam pictures...

If you look closely at this pictures you can see a guy in the background belaying off the bridge, he's one of the builders. (He's in the top left corner).

KA
Wednesday night Ry and I went to the Cirque du Soleil show KA. The story was about a brother and sister who were bestfriends and got seperated when they were young, it told the story of both their lives and showed them reunite and the end. The music was amazing, the acrobatics were awesome, and the stage was hydraulic so it could rotate in every single direction, and it did! It was absolutely incredible!!!

THE STRIP
We did tons of walking, which is good considering all the food we ate. I think we ate at PFChangs at least twice if not three times, we ate at CPK twice (once with my cousin and her boy and once with Randi and Chad). We had such a great time just relaxing with no worries about work, school or anything else.

MGM GRAND
Since our hotel was attached to the MGM we would go down everyday and look at the lion exhibit. I loved the lions, they act just like my kitties, they were so cute!! They were sleeping most of the time, but we got lucky a few times and got to see the trainers feed them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKKI!
Sunday night we went to dinner with my cousin Nikki and her boyfriend. About half way through our dinner we figured out it was her birthday, she not super into birthdays, which makes me sad, because I love to go all out! If only I would have known... we had a great time with them and it was so fun to see them!!

THE BODY EXHIBIT
Tuesday, Ry and I went to the Body Exhibit, it was the best! We spent three hours wandering through the different rooms with the different organ systems and different cuts of the cadavers reading all the fun facts on the walls. I wish we could have taken pictures in the exhibit because words could never do it justice. The way they preserve the bodies makes them look freshly disected, and they had an exhibit where they had injected plastic into all the arteries and veins and then burned the rest of the body away with acid, so it was just a shadow of a body made by the veins and arteries, it was beautiful!
After the body exhibit we went shopping for some clothes for Ry, because he had already worn almost all the shirts he brought. We shopped for a while, laid out by our pool and then turned in for the night and ordered room service, pizza, wings and fries...so healthy right?!
COKE WORLD
Ryan tasting a concontion that we had mixed of all the grossest flavors:-)



DINNER AND A SHOW
After a day of laying by the pool, wandering the strip, shopping and most importantly...relaxing, we headed down to the mirage. The last night we were there we all went to dinner at CPK before Randi and Chad went to see the Beatles LOVE show. It was so nice to catch up and be with them, we wish we lived closer!

Free dessert anyone?! For some reason (maybe because they were extremely slow and we were very nice, and quiet,) they brought us free dessert...yummy!!!
Overall, we had a wonderful trip and it was so great to catch up with our good friends. Thanks guys!!!













































No comments: