Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Busy Month!!!

 This month has flown by SO fast and SO much has been going on. Cooper is already a whole month old and we can hardly believe it!! I don't know where time has gone, it seems like just yesterday we were tucking him into his crib the first night he was home. We have thoroughly enjoyed our little addition, he adds so much to our home and I can't even imagine life without him! Above is his two week picture, his two week Doctor's appointment might have been tougher on me than him. I cried the whole way up, and neither Ry or I could go in for his circumcision. Coop is the best baby and rarely cries, and when they brought him back from his metabolic test and circumcision he had the SADEST cry I have ever heard! I nursed him as soon as they brought him back to the room which mildly comforted him, but I could tell he was still hurting, it was horrible. He weighed 8 pounds 12 ounces, 60th percentile and he shrunk a quarter of an inch (apparently that's common, since their little heads are a bit elongated at birth,) so 211/4 inches, 40th percentile. Everything else was perfect, we love our pediatrician, Dr. Fulks, but I am not looking forward to Coop's two month appointment, he gets his first round of immunizations, they may just have to sedate me.
My cute boys!!! Ry loves cuddling Coop and one of Coop's favorite nap places is his Daddy's chest, (I think that is one of Ry's new favorite nap positions as well).
Cooper had his first visit to the park with his friend Kolton (he's 3 months older than Coop), not that either on of them can do much at the park, but his mom his one of my good friends Lauren. So it's been nice having someone to do things with who has a baby around Coop's age, and her other kids are darling and so fun to be with.
Cooper's three week picture...how time flies!!! He has been enjoying walks with me, he loves stroller rides and usually falls asleep. He is SO strong, I knew he was strong before he was even born the way he was constantly moving around inside me. He already holds his head up, he has a super strong grip and loves hanging on to our fingers. He is starting to find his hand and use them as self soothing sucking, which has been a nice break for me. He sleeps almost through the night, he usually wakes up around 2:30AM to eat and then will sleep until about 6:00AM. When he is awake he is VERY alert and wide-eyed, he loves being read to and looking at the visual stimulating book that his Gammie gave him. He responds immediately to my voice as well as Ry's, it's so amazing how smart babies are at such a young age.
This was Cooper's first visit to the zoo with his friends Kolton, Jackson and Ashlyn. Obviously he was very interested in all the animals and told me every detail about each one, haha just kidding, he slept the entire time.
The little ones were out for the count, they both took a very nice LONG afternoon nap after their afternoon feeding, maybe I should take him to the zoo every morning.
Cooper's first bath was an adventure for Ry and me. I had Ry draw up the bath while I got all of his other bath stuff together. I made sure I waited until Ry could help me bathe him, because i know how slippery that baby soft skin gets and I didn't want to drop him (my carpel tunnel is still pretty bad). I'm not sure if the water was too cold or he just didn't love being wet, but it was a very short bath to say the least. Maybe he will grow to like them or maybe mom and dad will get better at giving them.
My bestfriend, Ashton, and her husband, Jade, and their daughter, Peyton, stopped by Pocatello on their way to visit their family in Driggs this week. We were SO excited to see them, it has been way too long. Ash, P, Coop and I hung out at our house for a while and the boys went golfing. Ash snuggled Cooper while Peyton napped and then we got ready to go to the pool. Peyton asked me if we had a zoo while she got her bathing suit on, I told her the ten whole animals that we had and she seemed more interested in the zoo than the pool.  I've been to the Portland zoo with her and I know our zoo is absolutely no comparison. But regardless, she wanted to go to the zoo rather than the swimming complex. So we got ready and headed to the zoo and had a wonderful time!! After the boys got done golfing they met us at the zoo and we headed to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. We had so much fun with the Thelins and can't wait to see them again soon!
My little Coop at four weeks old, can you believe how long he is!? He may just be taller than his Daddy and Mommy!
This is Cooper's first tummy time... he loved it!! His tummy time mat helps his little eyes focus, he goes cross eyed whenever he catches a glimpse of his little nose or looks at pictures that are to complicated for his eyes to process.
Coop's first nail cutting experience, I was too nervous to cut them and my Dad is a pro. Thank you Grandpa Archie, (whose new name has become "baby hog"). He is so in love with Coop and whenever we are with him you know you can find our little guy snuggling with his Grandpa.
Coop hanging out in his bouncer, and yes, he is mildly cross-eyed in this picture, but still darling! We are thoroughly enjoying being parents and loving our little man, he is truly the best baby in the world and we are so blessed to have him in our family!!!

2 comments:

Randi said...

i love seeing him in stuff i got for him :)

Holi and TJ said...

Oh, megan, he is such a handsome little guy!! I am so happy for your sweet little family :)