Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!!!

The fourth is one of my favorite holidays, next to Halloween of course!! I love celebrating our freedom and remembering what our country stands for as well as remembering all of the men and women who have fought to keep it that way. We had a pretty laid back Fourth this year. Ry and I just hung out and relaxed with Coop all morning and afternoon. We went to Ry's parents for a late afternoon BBQ which was followed by a HUGE rain and hail storm, typical Idaho weather. We had a great time hanging out with his family and Ashley's future inlaws. After we were done at their house we headed up to Wood's for our annual celebration with my family. We enjoyed more food, played croquet, and waited for it to get dark so we could set off some fireworks. Cooper must have been worn out because he slept the entire time we were up at Wood's. My dad "visited his cousins in Fort Hall" (his words, not mine,) and of course had a selection of illegal fireworks to set off before The Biggest Show in Idaho!! Ry and I stayed and enjoyed some fireworks and then headed home to put our little angel to bed since he was dead to the world. This may be the first year we haven't watched "The Biggest Show in Idaho" but I don't really feel cheated, since it is the exact same every year, and we had our little firecracker to enjoy instead. 
Our little Coop in once of his 4th of July outfits!



His other outfit, he spit up on this one about an hour after I put it on him, good thing he had two.
My cute boys!!!
Snuggling my little man, isn't he sweet!?
Enjoying the fireworks from the back of our truck, as you can see, Coop is completely out.
Sparklers!!!
This is how Cooper enjoyed his first holiday of his life...

2 comments:

The Thelins said...

AWWW!! Peyton's first holiday was the 4th of July, too! She was only a couple weeks old, and we went to that make-out mountain to watch the stadium of fire fireworks show. This year they had Brad Paisley! I wish I could have gone. I love the 4th, too. I can't wait to see you guys!!!

Randi said...

He looked so cute in his 4th garb, but what were you wearing? Purple? I expect no less than ribbons and glitter on 4th of July from you.