Saturday, November 20, 2010

Halloween Party

Ry and I had a super fun Halloween party with a few of our friends the Saturday before Halloween. I spent all day getting the food together while Ry went to Rexburg for "more important things" namely buying new snowmobiles. He sold mine and said he was going to get a better one. He called me on his way home to inform me that he had to buy two more and his reasoning was " I couldn't resist, they were such a good deal!!" I know i've probably used this phrase numerous times, (but on much smaller purchases,) so there wasn't much I could say, but get your bum home and help me finish getting our party together. He finally got home and helped me finish getting things together and we had a fabulous night!

 Famous black-bottom cupcakes with my mom's "very secret" frosting and little candy dishes full of treats (Ry's contribution).
 Mummy bread, monster finger breadsticks with bloody sauce, a cheeseball headstone  and guacamoldy with chips.
 Heart jello, mummy dogs and deviled egg eyeballs...
 Ry the pirate getting the witches brew together (doesn't he look great as a pirate!?)
 A rambunctious round of Ghosts and Goblins followed by a fiesty game of the Newlywed Game!!
 Pirate's Booty
 Cute, pregnant Charish and her husband, Clayton came even though she was exhausted and ready to pop, we excused them from the costume rule. Nat and her husband, Justin drove all the way from Twin; we have such awesome friends, thanks guys!!!
 The whole gang (minus our cute pregnant couple). Lyndsey as Minnie Mouse and her husband Justin as a dork, Ry and I as pirates, Ang as a pirate and her hubby Trevor a great hunter, ShaLynn as a cute witch and her soon-to-be fiance as a nerd/geek, and Nat as Cleopatra and her husband, Justin as a roman soldier. Great costumes, fabulous friends, yummy food, equals a fun party!!
The girls of the party!!!

3 comments:

Randi said...

Everything looks so cute! Ryan looks great as a pirate, we might have to borrow those costumes next year. Did I tell you that I completely forgot to use my brain mold? I thought about it a few days later and was so pissed. Also I need to know more about your mummy bread or whatever that was. looks yummy. AND i don't remember how to play that milk carton game but it was fun so would you write down rules for me? love you!

The Thelins said...

All these Halloween posts made me (almost) wish I lived in Idaho so I could participate. But then I remembered the high where Jade's sister lives in ID was 7 today, and lows around -20. No thanks. Want to move to Portland?

Ashleigh said...

what party animals!! looks like so much fun. i used to have halloween parties every year. after seeing your parties i think i will start it up again. i need to know about this game you talk about ghosts & goblins. ps. got your christmas card. very cute!