Wednesday, December 3, 2008

HAIRSPRAY!!!


My mom surprised me with tickets to Hairspray for my birthday, My mom, Ween and I had a blast, they did a pretty good job casting. My favorite character was definitely Penny, she was HILARIOUS the entire show and i wish she would have talked more. All of the black people in the cast were fantastic dancers and had great voices. Tracy and Amber had really nasally voices (bleh), and no one can ever play Velma Von Tussle as good as Michelle Pfeiffer (obviously), and i was slightly disappointed that they didn't sing "The Legend of Miss Baltimore Crabs", but other than that it was a great show.
Link, Penny, Seaweed, Tracy (and her tiny piggy eyes, literally)


Before the Show...

Intermission

3 comments:

stephani said...

OKAY. How odd. My mom surprised me with tickets to Hairspray for MY birthday too. So I went with her and my little sister! AND (I swear Im not just saying this) I feel the EXACT same way about everything you said. Penny was my absolute favorite. Tracy was squeaky, and I didnt like Amber or Mrs. Von Tussel. The black people were incredible, and I LOVED the little girl. Great minds think alike Meg.

Randi said...

Oh my gosh how fun! I saw it in London so we need to have a detailed discussion on how the show differed from the movie. Where was it playing? What a great gift, your mom is so on top of things. Happy Birthday!!

LP & TP said...

MEG! Hope your BDAY was great. I would do ANYTHING to go to HAIRSPRAY! YOu lucky duck!! I bet it was awesome. ALSO-.. your hair looks so DANG cute!!! I LOVE IT!! When did you cut it..and how many inches?