Thursday, April 11, 2013

End of March and Easter Egg Hunt

At the end of March I worked a shift of fire watch for Ry, I went to orientation the day before and watched a movie about all the dangerous ways I could die on the site, comforting, and the next day I started work at 3:00AM. Luckily Mareesa was on spring break so she could watch Coop, the job was only supposed to be about twelve hours but ended up being twenty hours. I only worked twelve and was dying trying to stay awake once about noon rolled around. I am working a shut down at Simplot starting the middle of May that are twelve hour shifts (6:00PM to 6:00PM) so this was good practice for me, I hope I will be able to stay awake, because it gets boring really fast.
This week was the hardest week I have ever had with Cooper, he was really pushing all of my buttons, seeing how far he could get with things and just made my life a living hell. He was Mr. Sassypants, talking naughty, into anything and everything and pretty much lived in time out; i'm glad the week is over and he is back to him sweet self, for the most part.

After my long day of standing at work making sure nothing caught fire while the guys welded I was tired and my back ached. Ry scheduled a massage for me and he watched Coop while I was gone, it was heavenly. When I got home I came home to these pictures Ry had taken to show me what they did while I was gone. Coop digging in the dirt and Nana supervising...

Nana the gaurd dog always right next to Cooper making sure he's safe. If anyone she doesn't know gets close to the fence she starts getting super protective and barking.

You can't really tell from these pictures, but Coop was filthy from playing in the dirt, he had dirt in his hair, eyes, ears, fingernails, everwhere, but he had a blast. And shortly after I got home he zonked out on the couch for a nap.
 
EASTER EGG HUNT
I felt like Coop was too little to go the big city egg hunts they do so I was just planning on letting him hunt eggs on Easter with our family. The law office Kaid works for does a nice little Easter egg hunt and Kaid invited us to come.

Coop was patiently, or not so patiently, waiting for them to say he could go start picking up eggs.

Him in the pose I used to do when I was younger and would get excited, he's definitely my child. I finally just had to have him sit down on the sidewalk and have him tell me the different colors of eggs he say so he would be distracted until they could start.
 
When they finally said "go" Cooper meticulously picked up eggs, opened them, and if he liked what was in them put them in his basket, and if not he threw them back on the grass.

After the kids were done egg hunting the Easter bunny came and gave them each a big egg with a certificate for Farr's ice cream, yum. Coop got his egg and then just stood there and watched the bunny give everyone else their egg, it was hilarious, he wasn't scared at all just completely mesmerized by this giant bunny. McKaid picked him up and Coop kept petting the bunny and would laugh and grin while saying "buheee".

Once all the kids had their goods they had lunch for them, Coop like to eat his pizza backwards, and then he dove into his candy which he later threw up. This kid does not hold junk food well, which doesn't really make me that sad.

 

No comments: