Saturday, April 6, 2013

Beginning of April

I think we are all a little eager for summer weather and we try to take full advantage of the days that are warmer. We eat lunch in the backyard, blow bubbles, and play chase with Nana.

I'm also eager for less layers and summer clothes, i've ordered most of Coop's summer clothes and when these came and I was showing him he saw these neon orange shorts and wouldn't take them off!!

I was reading to Cooper one rainy afternoon and he fell asleep on me. I know that these moments are probably numbered now that he has become so independent so I have been trying to be better at savoring moments like these instead of hurrying to lay him down because I have a list of things that need checked off.

We went to Home Depot one Saturday to get the rest of the wood we needed to build Cooper's sandbox and they were doing a kids workshop so while Ry got the stuff we needed I took Coop over to the workshop. Coop wanted to build the bird house but the lady said they didn't have the kits yet so I talked Coop into making a mini tool box instead, he helped me nail it together and put the stickers on all by himself, he was so proud and was showing everyone as we left the store.

I always love conference weekend, something about not feeling guilty about wearing sweats all day and watching conference with cinnamon rolls and popcorn just makes me so happy. Coop was pretty good at watching the morning sessions with me and was asleep for most of the afternoon ones.

Coop finally hit the thirty pound mark and we turned his seat around, he loves it!!! He looks around non stop and comments on every detail of our drives.

Here are some self portraits Coop took of himself while he was on the potty...
 
Since we have had some yucky, cold days we have had to be creative about getting out of the house. One of many adventures included meeting our friends at the library. Coop and Kolt are so good at playing together, (when they were a bit younger they just played side by side and didn't really interact,) they played with the animals and dinosaurs, colored together, and of course had snacks together. Part way through our time at the library Coop told me "away" (go away momma) and had "Lolo" (Lauren) color with him while, so I went and sat by Kolt who put his feet up on me and loved me rubbing them "again Meggy" it was so cute.
 
We finally finished Coop's sandbox (i'm not sure why I didn't take pictures of it yet) and his chalkboard wall which he absolutely loves. When he wants to play in the sand his says "dirt" and when he wants to color is "cluhlor" in a pained sounding voice, it's hilarious, he's started using different tones for different words, Ry and I are constantly laughing at this.
I'm sure we will spend hours outside this summer so I'm glad we have a few things to do without having to leave the house.
 
My baby is growing way too fast!
 

No comments: