Thursday, April 9, 2009

Random Post

The past month or so has been super busy for us but not super eventful, so this post is super random, and probably not that interesting to the majority of you. But i really had the itch to blog
about something:-)

BASKETBALL
The past month was full of watching lots of Kaid's basketball games, this is the district championship game. They made it to state and lost by one point in over time in the overall championship game.
The team was ecstatic!!

MINDY'S SHOWER
I threw my girlfriend, Mindy, her bridal shower... it turned out great!

MISSY RAE
Missy Rae had her last set of shots a couple weeks ago. She refused to go in her kitty bag, so i let her ride in the car with me, she did so good and got and orange star!!

VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENTS
Since Ry and I have had a couple weekends off, we have made a couple quick trips to Utah to watch Mareesa play volleyball. She is an awesome player and she is so fun to watch.
Great form!!
Ry's bored face...
Ryan got so bored that he volunteered to go shopping with me, this is a very rare occurrence in his life, he despises shopping. He lasted about 20 minutes while my mom and i scoured the racks and Nordstrom Rack.
Last weekend we went down for another tournament (i spaced taking pics,) and we took a little shopping venture and stumbled upon a jewelry store having an 80% sale!! They are trying to make room for all of their Spring line, i was just browsing around not thinking i would find anything or be able to talk Ry into letting me get anything if i did. I asked the sales woman if she had in small pave diamond band, and she did!!! It was beautiful, fit perfect, and....80% off, how could i resist?! Ry really liked it too, and said it could be a almost one year anniversary gift, i was so happy and i absolutely love it! Thanks RY!!!

MR. PHS

Kaid participated in the first annual Mr. PHS, it is basically a comedy pageant. He definitely did the best out of the thirteen contestants.
Telling why he should be Mr. PHS, this was their "question" for this part of the pageant.
Here is the story behind his talent, so he had a million different ideas that were all really great. He asked Mareesa if she had any yellow dresses in her closet, found one and... dressed up like a beast. He finally decided what his talent would be; he waltzed around to the song from Beauty and the Beast 'Tale as old as Time' with a raggity-ann doll dressed in a yellow dress. It was so hilarious, i died laughing and he came up with it all on his own!! Way to go Kaid!
They had a fitness portion where McKaid stuck a nasty mexi-stache and dressed up in under armor ad made funny faces the entire time, again laughing so hard my abs hurt.And the winner of Mr. PHS, McKaid Sheppard!!! He also won first in fitness (surprise surprise,) and second in casual wear, he dressed up as spider man, i didn't get my camera out fast enough to get a pic of it. Congrats Kaid, you are hilarious!

SWEET SURPRISE

Flowers aren't really Ryan's thing, he usually just says they are a waste of money and die after a few days (which i totally understand). Last week i was working three twelves in a row, i was exhausted and super sad that i couldn't spend the weekend with Ry. Saturday afternoon a little florist man showed up with this beautiful arrangement, my favorite color, favorite flowers, and it smelled amazing!!! Needless to say i made it through with a smile on my face and a skip in my step. Thanks babe, you're the best!

NEW CAR
Ry sold his car to one of his workers so we have been in the market for a new car for the past month or so. We test drove a bunch of cars and dealt with a few really annoying salesmen, and finally found a car that we both really like. It is a Chrysler 300, charcoal (my fave colour), leather interior, and most importantly it is SOO comfortable.

5 comments:

The Thelins said...

I love this post! I love the band. I love the flowers. I especially love the vase. I love Kaid. He would win. I would vote for him. This makes me miss you all even more...

Kevin Kambree and Kinlee Meudt said...

Wow. Busy Busy!! Kevin was dying for one of those cars! He LOVES them. We do need to get together sometime and play!

Macee said...

Your life sounds pretty eventful to me! Congrats to Kaid, and Mareesa seems to be doing well with volleyball! Loved everything about this post! Love you guys!

Randi said...

I hate when you're busy but have nothing to really report. This is perfect though I love all the pictures. Can't wait to see you!

Holi and TJ said...

What a fun post to read!! You guys have such a fun family. Especially that mom of yours!! Glad everything is going good for you and Ry. Congrats on the new car, it looks great!!