Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Coming to a Close

What a crazy month November has been! It flew by in a blink of an eye and before we know it it will be Christmas and New Years.
Thanksgiving day I made a cute turkey vegetable tray and sweet potato casserole (i'm the only one who likes them) and I'm pretty sure I ate the entire pan myself. I had just finished the casserole and our power went out, and I guess was out down the whole hill for a few hours, luckily we weren't having the dinner at our house! We packed up all our stuff and headed to Ry's parents' house for Thanksgiving around 1:00, Aunt Karen was sick so lots of the cousins were there, which was really fun for Coop and it was nice to see everyone. We had yummy food and hung out for a while before we headed out to my parents where we took a nap, ate some more, watched a movie and I went out shopping with my Mom.
The next day was the annual lights parade, Coop LOVED it, he kept yelling "christmas lights, Santa, ooo Momma look!" Mae Mae and Boppa brought cocoa which Coop thoroughly enjoyed a few cups of, Ry's family and my grandparents also met us there to watch the parade. We were all hungry after so headed to El Herradero for dinner, where after a few chips, beans and rice Coop was out.
That next day, Saturday, we set up all our Christmas decor, Ry was in charge of taking pictures and I Coop helped me decorate the tree. This will be our first Christmas in our new house and I'm SO excited!
Thanksgiving... so much to be grateful this year, our home, our health, our family and all the many things we have been blessed with this year.

 

Nana snuggling me when I wasn't feeling so hot.
 
I came into our bedroom to see this little man "reading" the Spanish bible upside down, he's pretty talented.

Enthralled with the lights at the lights parade, we were so happy it wasn't as cold as last year.
 

El Herradero, and he's out for the count.
 
Decorating the Christmas tree with this cutie...

 





Everything all decorated and ready for Christmas!

No comments: