Thursday, October 17, 2013

October: My Favorite Month

October has and always be my favorite months, not just because the obvious, Halloween, but I love the changing leaves, the crisp change in the air, and I love conference. I always put my Halloween décor up the day after Ry's birthday, although I don't have much now, it was up before September ended and Coop has been so excited with it up. He yells out "hoowwohhweeeen!" and he names the skeletons, rats, spiders, and witches "Mae Mae" it's so cute! He loves to peel the ghosts and graveyard window stickers off of his window, he has chewed half of them, and will say "look momma, ghostez" (how Coop says plural ghosts). He also loves to take my black birds off the table and play with them saying "tweet tweet" and making them hop around, the feathers are getting a little haggard from his playing with them. He had to have some birds and rats for decoration in his room and sometimes asks to sleep with the rat. I think it's safe to say that he has inherited my love for Halloween.
I absolutely loved every talk in conference, I got Coop to watch most of it (when he wasn't napping,)with me by making popcorn and having treats while we watched it. I got a few Halloween crafts finished while I watched conference. Ry got to watch a little bit of it but had to drive to Wyoming for work on Sunday, and was hustling a little too fast on the way home and got a ticket in Wyoming.
I went on a day shopping trip with my girlfriend Lauren, Nic watched the kids and Mareesa picked Coop up when she was done with class so he could go nap at home. We had a great time together and got some fun stuff, you forget how fun shopping without kids is until you do it for a few hours, so relaxing! It was nice to get home to snuggle Coop though, I do miss that little nugget when I'm away from him.
Our leaves have been breathtaking, I could wander around outside all day and stare at them. We had a couple friends come use our yard for pictures. My friend Kortni is starting a photography business so took some of Cooper and her son, Aiden. My girlfriend, Lauren and I started a children's clothing business selling new and gently used cute clothes, so we also took pictures while the leaves were beautiful and they turned out great. That night I had a little pampered chef party that was really fun, everyone got to cook and use all the pampered chef gadgets and we had some yummy food.
I got my hair trimmed for the first time since maybe May, and got a demi color put in it just for a little change. I've never dyed my hair so I was really nervous and kept going back and forth but I love it, it's really perfect for fall/winter. The day after that (Sunday) I got called as primary chorister, I was super nervous because I haven't been in primary since I was actually a child in primary, so I went and sat in the primary to watch the chorister that was moving to see kind of how it goes. That same Sunday we had our fast break Oktoberfest at my parent's and had yummy food and played the goblin game while the rest of the clan watched Halloween movies!
We had a Halloween bunco party at my house and we all had a blast! Everyone dressed up, we had delicious food, half the time we were all busting up laughing so hard we didn't even know what number we were rolling. Love those girls!
 
He loves playing in the backyard...

and digging in the dirt...

and exploring this.

I watched his friend Kolty and they had a blast having snacks (both love this time of day).
They played very hard inside and out.

They loved hiking around the backyard,

and playing in the leaves. They threw them all over so much that they hit dirt,

hence, Coop's dirty little face.

We took pictures back there for our business header.

I'm going to miss morning views like this when all the leaves fall.

We had sushi way more than we should have this month, we introduced Marcus to this tastey world for the first time and he loved it.

A few days were cold enough for this and I LOVE it!!

Coop loves to snuggle up by the fire and read his bedtime stories.

He found a dark blue permanent sharpie, and when I came back downstairs he said "look momma, preeety" to which all I could reply was "yes, Cooper so pretty" while inside I was boiling. He drew on a bin and said "look momma, a horsey" after he went down for a nap I searched the rest of the downstairs for anymore of his lovely artwork and found it on three different walls, by the stairs, in his playroom and up and down the hall. It was easy to remove from the office chair and the couches, the walls took a little more skill; thanks to hand sanitizer, magic erasers, hairspray and alcohol I finally got it off everything but a wicker box

Watching conference together eating his Halloween cotton candy.

I was getting my oil changed and he found a COOPER tire and was rolling it around their shop having the time of his life.

Lauren and I before our wonderful day of shopping.

Lunch at the Blue Lemon, deeeelicious!
 
Pounding this bean burrito.

I'm a red head

and I love it!

Playing the goblin game after our Oktoberfest feast!

They boys playing in the "crunchyyyy leaves" and having a ball!

Enjoying the last few beautiful days before the snow comes! How did this boy grow so fast, he's such a big boy!
My blast of a bunco group!!!

No comments: