Friday, May 3, 2013

Randoms From Our Week

Since Ry is gone, I was planning on visiting him every weekend before I start work and our Sunday School class is a lot to handle on my own we have a sub until the middle of June, so I have been going to church with my parents. Here is Coop post sacrament having a little snack, it's nice because my parents' church starts at 11:00AM and they have sacrament first so I can just go home and lay Cooper down for his nap, our 1:00PM church kills me.

Coop has been thoroughly enjoying his new sandbox!

He will spend lots of time digging and he absolutely loves the feel on his toes, if he has shoes on when we go out he always says "toes" so I take his shoes off for him. Lately I have had to keep reminding him that the sand needs to stay in the sandbox, why is it so fun to throw sand? I will never understand.

My girlfriend's husband works a lot of nights so we get together as much as we can when our schedules jive. The boys played hard outside, had a bath and got their jammies on for popcorn and a movie, they even shared a bowl and the recliner!

Every time we drive by Farr's Coop yells "iiiysh" so I decided to invite my family to see if they wanted to meet us for family night last Monday. My mom, Mareesa and Kaid did and as you can see Cooper loved having his own ice cream.

Earlier this week we took a walk to the park that took us fifty three minutes because we had to stop and look at every rock, all the fire trucks and ambulances that were at the practice station, every bug, blade of grass, flowers, basically anything he saw he had to stop. We tied Nana to the picnic table and had the whole play structure to ourselves, Coop loved it, but started getting tired pretty fast, could it be that he walked his little legs off? He only lasted about twenty minutes before he was ready to walk home, he broke into the bread that we brought for the ducks and ate almost the whole piece on the way home.

Loving the play structure and if you look at the top right picture there is a little Cooper dot that is waving and saying "bye momma" as I'm walking away.

Once we got to the fire station Coop wanted to walk again so I let him, and there were two more fire trucks there so he had to go "touch" each one. One of the firemen were out and asked if he wanted to sit in it, you would have thought Coop was in heaven. He was nervous at first and then I climbed in with him, the fireman turned on the horn for us and let us honk it, and then when it was time to get out Coop had a death grip on the steering wheel and was saying "no no no" over and over. I finally got him out and he took a very long nap that afternoon.

When he woke up we decided to go visit my parents and all Coop wanted to do was throw rocks in their creek. I bet I let him throw over a hundred before I could talk him in to coming to play inside. Nana loved the creek as much or more than Cooper, she laid down in it and would drink it and chase the rocks Coop threw. Kaid jumped on the tramp with him while I helped Mareesa prep herself for prom which was the next day.
It was quite an eventful uneventful kind of week, we have to stay busy or we (or I really,) miss Ry. I don't know how single moms do it, but I am more tired than I ever have been being a Mom, with Ry gone day and night I really don't get any breaks at all, so i'm definitely looking forward to the end of this month when we can hang out as a family again!

No comments: