Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010...the BIG REVEAL!!!

 We had a fabulous Christmas Eve this year!!! We have been holding our big news in for a very long 15 weeks now, and it was definitely worth the wait to see the reactions we got. We started our traditional Christmas Eve progressive dinner at my parents house. Ry and I got there early because we wanted my parents to open our surprise before everyone else got there. We had an eleven week ultrasound picture framed in an "under construction" frame for my dad and a frame that says "Miracle in the making" for my mom. Their reaction was fabulous, and we got to tell Mckaid when he called on Christmas morning and his was great as well.(**Video to come shortly**). The rest of our Christmas Eve we had our h'our dourves, eggnog, and wassail at my parents, went to my Grandpa Sheppard's to let him in on our surprise, then up to Wood's for yummy salad and fruit, and then ended at my Grandma and Grandpa Miller's for the main course, dessert, singing, presents and of course, the reinactiment of the nativity. Everyone is excited to use Baby Ray next year for our baby Jesus!!
 Grandma and Grandpa Miller's news for their first great-grandchild...they were both very excited and Gma shed a couple tears with the news.
 Aunt Laurie and Grandpa Sheppard, he told us it looks like a little chicken and when we left told me, "bye, mama chicken" it was really sweet!
Excited and proud future parents of Baby Ray!!!
Ry's mom and Mike enjoying the news Christmas morning!! Everyone is very excited, including us. Although this came faster than we had originally planned we know that there truly is a personal plan for everyone, even if we don't think it fits into our personal timeline perfectly. We are so happy and so grateful we could spend time with family this Christmas to share our happy news. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

6 comments:

The Rees' said...

yay! yay! yay! C O N G R A T S!!!!!!

Dani and Paul said...

Congratulations. That is so exciting. I am so happy for you guys. Hope you are feeling good. I can't wait to hear what you are having. Congrats again

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Congrats! I'm placing my bet for a boy now.

Holi and TJ said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am so happy for you guys :) What a fun way to tell your family! Your mom is going to be the best grandma EVER!!

Kasi Lee said...

AHHH! Congrats! You are going to be one great mama!

The Thelins said...

Finally! I've been dying trying to keep this secret! So happy for you sister. I'll be calling you to hear every detail of Christmas Eve!!!