Monday, October 11, 2010

Mini Anniversary Get Away

Ry and I took a little mini trip to West Yellowstone and Yellowstone Park. Beauty and the Beast was playing at the Playmill Theatre, and I have been begging Ry to go all summer. Finally, he let me get tickets and we spent the day up there. When we got into town we were both starving so we went to this little place that had burgers. I had a buffalo burger and Ry got an elk burger, both were SO delicious!! After we had our little bite to eat we walked over to the Playmill for the show. It was absolutely phenomenal, the music was amazing, the actors and costumes were fabulous, and the entire production was magical!


Chip and Ry...Isn't she darling? She was the cutest actor and had the prettiest little voice.
Cogsworth, incredible costume and he and Lumiere were so funny together!

There were tons and tons of elk out, it's so funny to see how many people actually stop traffic to look at these little guys.
Us in front of one of the waterfalls by Fire Hole...so beautiful!!

A cute little chipmunk by Fire Hole, her cheeks were so full!
We took our time driving through the park and stopped at all the little places we felt like. This is on the path to one of my favorite places, the Paint Pots.
One of the many beautiful pools... and no, it's not Morning Glory, just looks very similar.
Another beautful stop...

In front of the White Dome Geyser, so pretty.
The whole time we were driving through the park I kept my eyes peeled for a bison...and finally on our way out this big guy was walking two feet from our car, I seriously could have reached out and slapped his bum. We stopped at a little pizza place on our way back home and then hit the road. We are so glad we got to go on this get away together, we had a blast and it was a gorgeous time of year to explore the park.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Aw! We just watched my niece perform in Beauty and the Beast. She was Mrs Potts. I have never seen those animals I would be the one blocking traffic to see them. How fun that you have stuff so close that you can go do!

The Thelins said...

I loved that play on Broadway! I'm jealous of your little get-away, it looks like you had so much fun! And I love the pretty scenery- next time we're in Idaho, you have to take me to those pretty places, okay?