Saturday, April 19, 2008

JULY 31ST


July 31st was the day Ry asked me to marry him!!!!!!!!!! I don't think either of us were expecting it to come that soon. Ry and i just were on a drive, we got some DQ and then went up Buckskin and we were watching a beautiful sunset. Earlier that day we had bought a book from Deseret Book (kind of as a joke, or so i thought,) about what couples need to prepare for before they get married. As we went through it we were checking things off and just having a good time. We took lots of pictures and while Ry was hugging me he asked me "Meg, will you marry me?"...Right when he said that my phone rang, it was Mareesa, so i told Ry to hold on, and talked to her for a minute (and i was secretly gathering my thoughts and trying to get over the shock of the question Ry just popped). So when i got off the phone i just casually asked Ry "what did you just say" haha, i know it was horrible. So then he asked again and i said YES!!! From there we told his parents, my parents, and a few of our close friends. That next week we looked and looked for rings and found the perfect one, and then i found another perfect one, anyway, we decided on the second 'perfect one'... it was going to take until October or November to get in and so i just thought that we would probably get engaged around Christmas time. So we continued our fun summer, I went to my bestfriend's wedding (Randi) in California and Ry picked me up from the airport, he had been hinting about a present he got for me. I thought it was a necklace or earrings or a bracelet...i never would have dreamed it was my ring. Anyway , after i got home from California, Ry dropped me off at my house and i unpacked and hung out with the fam for a while and Ry said he would come back and take me on a walk. He came and picked me up and we went to Ross Park, it was a really windy night, and we were just wandering around the park talking and laughing. Ry said "Meg, i love you" and of course i said it back and then Ry said "no, Meg i REALLY love you, and this is why....." he got down on one knee, said some more cute things and the rest is history. I said yes and was surprised when out popped that ring that wasn't supposed to be done for months!!!



1 comment:

Randi said...

Yay for getting a blog! I love it and I love the stories and pictures. Welcome, welcome!